It is imperative that your property remains in a watertight condition at all times. Before any internal damp works are undertaken all external defects should be checked and repaired as needed. The main areas that allow water to enter the fabric of the building are:
- Broken or missing tiles and slates
- Defects in the windows and cils
- A break down of the pointing
- High external ground levels
- Blocked sub floor air vents
To identify the causes of penetrating damp can be very difficult to the layman as sometimes these defects can be hidden by plant growth or just out of sight.
Contact Trust Preservation for your detailed damp survey.